Broadcast Network Engineer
London and sporting events around the world
Full time. Flexible shifts may incl. nights & weekends
Essential Skills & Experience
Network Engineering, Broadcasting, Troubleshooting, Problem-Solving, Good Communication & Interpersonal Skills, Analytical, Organised, Calm under pressure
Cingularity is seeking operational network engineers from either telecommunication or broadcast backgrounds to join its team and paving the way during our development and expansion over the coming years.
As a Broadcast Network Engineer, you will join the team responsible for monitoring, supporting, maintaining, and implementing customer solutions for live sports broadcasts.
The position is based at Cingularity’s MCR in Spitalfields, London; though, due to the nature of the role, there will be plenty of opportunities to travel the globe for various sporting events.
Master Control Room
- To proactively monitor the Cingularity Network, associated systems, and video services.
- To route, check-in, monitor and check-out live transmissions to ensure a faultless high-quality service.
- To provide direct support to customers, working with both partners and suppliers as required via phone and email for service issues, bookings, and other enquiries.
- Deal with network and service issues from initial investigation to final resolution – providing a 3rd line level of support to isolate the cause and minimise any impact, across the full spectrum of the OSI Model.
- To ensure that all events are logged, analysed and acted upon as required promptly.
- To review, process, and monitor planned work activities.
Solution and Service Delivery
- Implement bespoke customer solutions from sale to service delivery – promptly and within budget – working alongside project management.
- Device configuration and testing
- Network and service documentation
- Installation and commissioning
- Assisting with service bookings including provisioning of occasional use services
Network and System Development
- Core network development, maintenance and upgrading of both the Cingularity DTM and Cingularity IP Networks.
- Video system development, maintenance and upgrading for both baseband and IP systems including encoders, decoders, and routing.
- Perform equipment and systems evaluations, from initial selection, through to implementation, including network appliances, video encoders, opensource systems and new technologies.
On-Site Events Engineer
- Attend events when required to backfill and support team members.
- Set-up onsite equipment, including configuration and service turn-ups.
- Monitor the event through-out with other team members.
- Troubleshoot both video and network issues.
Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and experience of TCP/IP Stack including switching, routing, and multicast.
- Proficient on a range of network devices with the ability to pick up new vendors syntaxes with ease
- Knowledge of fibre optical technologies with the experience of deployments and troubleshooting
- Experienced on Office 365 or G-Suite, with excellent working knowledge of Excel or Google Sheets
- Knowledge of Broadcast environments and workflows.
- Ideally educated to a degree level or equivalent experience.
- 2+ Years working as a Network Engineer or Broadcast Engineer with excellent network knowledge.
- Full Driving Licence
- Knowledge of NetInsight portfolio, including experience on the MSR platform, is extremely advantageous
- Familiarity in maintaining and operating transmission equipment, including encoders, decoders, and video routers, is extremely advantageous.
- Proficient in Windows and Linux Systems
- Knowledge or experience of automation utilising an array of techniques including scripting
- Experience of video and audio encoding technologies and parameters
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proven record of providing exceptional customer experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to remain focused under pressure.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability follow and develop operational processes to a high standard.
- Drive to build their knowledge and skills on existing and emerging technologies.
- Self-motivated and organised individual up for the challenge of a start-up
Full-time shift work, including evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Twenty-five days holiday allowance
- Fully Loaded Health Insurance Policy including
- Med24 service – 24/7 employees access to a GP, 24/7, 365 days a year
- Stronger Minds for Mental Health
- Dental & Optical cashback – annual eye test £25, optical prescriptions 80% co-insurance up to £200 and Dental care 80% co-insurance up to £400
- Redundancy cover benefits
- Worldwide Travel Insurance for Business and Leisure, Contribution Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan
Cingularity exists in a highly specialised segment of the telecoms industry, operating a global fibre network providing live broadcast TV transmission services. We thrive on being the David to the Goliaths of our industry, taking on the giant global telecoms companies who have dominated for too long.
Our obsession with quality, performance, and network resilience, has allowed us to deliver network and video services for likes of Amazon Prime, IMG Media and ATP Media, where we are trusted to carry the live TV signals destined for their global TV audiences.