MCR Network Engineer
Home Working – Melbourne, Australia
Full time. 4 Day Week– Thursday to Sunday
25 days holiday
Essential Skills & Experience
Network Engineering, Broadcasting, Troubleshooting, Problem-Solving, Good Communication & Interpersonal Skills, Analytical, Organised, Calm under pressure
Cingularity is seeking operational network engineers from either telecommunication or broadcast backgrounds to join its team and paving the way during our development and expansion over the coming years.
As an MCR Network Engineer, you will join the team responsible for monitoring, supporting, maintaining, and implementing customer solutions for live sports broadcasts.
The position is based on home working from Melbourne, Australia.
Master Control Room
- To proactively monitor the Cingularity Network, associated systems, and video services.
- To route, check-in, monitor and check-out live transmissions to ensure a faultless high-quality service.
- To provide direct support to customers, working with both partners and suppliers as required via phone and email for service issues, bookings, and other enquiries.
- Deal with network and service issues from initial investigation to final resolution – providing a 3rd line level of support to isolate the cause and minimise any impact.
- To ensure that all events are logged, analysed, and acted upon as required promptly.
- To review, process, and monitor planned work activities.
Solution and Service Delivery
- Completing service bookings, including provisioning of occasional use services.
- Assist in the implementation of bespoke customer solutions working alongside project management, including:
- Device configuration and testing.
- Network and service documentation.
- Installation and commissioning.
Network and System Development
- Core network development, maintenance and upgrading of the Cingularity DTM and IP Networks.
- Video system development, maintenance and upgrading for baseband and IP systems including encoders, decoders, and routing.
- Perform equipment and systems evaluations, from initial selection, through to implementation, including network appliances, video encoders, open-source systems, and new technologies.
Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of Broadcast environments and workflows.
- Familiarity in maintaining and operating transmission equipment, including encoders, decoders, and video routers.
- Knowledge and experience of TCP/IP Stack including switching, routing, and multicast.
- Experienced in Office 365 or G-Suite, with excellent working knowledge of Excel or Google Sheets
- Ideally educated to a degree level or equivalent experience.
- 2+ Years working as a Network Engineer or Broadcast Engineer with excellent network knowledge.
- Knowledge of NetInsight portfolio, including experience on the MSR platform, is highly advantageous.
- Familiarity in maintaining and operating transmission equipment, including encoders, decoders, and video routers, is extremely advantageous.
- Experience in video and audio encoding technologies and parameters.
- Knowledge of fibre optical technologies with the experience of deployments and troubleshooting.
- Proficient in Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proven record of providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to remain focused under pressure.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability follow and develop operational processes to a high standard.
- Drive to build their knowledge and skills on existing and emerging technologies.
- Self-motivated and organised individual up for the challenge of a start-up.
- Full-time – 4 Day Week – Thursday to Sunday
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Twenty-five days holiday allowance
- Health Insurance Policy
Cingularity exists in a highly specialised segment of the telecoms industry, operating a global fibre network providing live broadcast TV transmission services. We thrive on being the David to the Goliaths of our industry, taking on the giant global telecoms companies who have dominated for too long.
Our obsession with quality, performance, and network resilience, has allowed us to deliver network and video services for likes of Amazon Prime, IMG Media and ATP Media, where we are trusted to carry the live TV signals destined for their global TV audiences.